Canadian Rockies & Pacific Coast - end Seattle, Preview 2022
Canadian Rockies & Pacific Coast – End Seattle, Preview 2022
Discover the majestic landscapes, towering peaks, and sparkling turquoise lakes of the Canadian Rockies, teamed with the charming and sometimes quirky Pacific Northwest. This fabulous journey is as relaxed as the Canadian wilderness is vast. For the majority of the time you will be at the mercy of Mother Nature’s eye-popping palette, with a whole day at leisure in Banff National Park and free time in Jasper National Park. From taking a walk on the wild side at the Capilano Suspension Bridge to nourishing your palate at a waterfront celebration in Seattle, you won’t be disappointed with this sensational trip – just don’t forget to bring your camera!
- Vancouver: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner and an opportunity to mingle over wine.
- Victoria: At night, choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Chase: As you settle in at your lakeside lodge this evening, you’ll enjoy Dinner with wine featuring authentic regional flavours.
- Jasper: Tonight you’ll enjoy a gourmet dinner with wine at your lodge.
- Banff: Dine at your hotel this evening and unwind in your stunning natural surroundings.
- Quincy: Enjoy a visit to Cave B Estate, an award-winning boutique winery.Explore the nuances of their fine wine selection with some tastings over a Highlight Lunch.
- Seattle: Head to the waterfront for a Celebration Dinner at Ivar’s, aptly referred to as Seattle’s King of the Waterfront, to toast your newfound friends.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with wine (LW) and 8 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Chase: Partake in a Smudging Ceremony and witness a traditional spiritual ritual conducted by a member of the local indigenous community.
- Icefields: After a champagne reception in the Moraine Lounge, your Local Expert will escort you to this evening’s first activity-a special after-hours glacier tour, when all visitors are gone. Venture out onto the Athabasca Glacier in a massive Ice Explorer. Then, join your guide for a warm beverage as you stroll atop the ice.
- Icefields Parkway: Following a hearty breakfast, venture onto the amazing Glacier Skywalk where you will be treated to a before hours, private guided tour of a cliff-edged glass-floored walkway.
- Buffalo Jump: Depart for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, to discover how the indigenous people used this 36-foot-high (11 metres) cliff to hunt stampeding herds of bison. Join a local Blackfoot elder and hear fascinating stories about the Plains people of long ago.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vancouver: Embark on a tour of Vancouver, exploring Gastown and the famous totem poles in Stanley Park followed by a visit to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
- Victoria: Visit the stunning floral displays at Butchart Gardens.
- Mount Robson: En route, a stop will be made at the Mount Robson Visitor Center in Mount Robson Provincial Park. Enjoy the best views of Mount Robson, which at 12,972 ft (3,954 metres) is the most prominent mountain in North America’s Rocky Mountain range and also the highest point in the Canadian Rockies.
- Jasper: Embark on a narrated cruise across the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake.
- Glacier National Park: Board a private, historic Red Jammer bus for a journey along the Going-to-the-Sun Road; an engineering marvel running through the park’s wild interior.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Vancouver.
Cruise the Gulf Islands to Victoria.
Victoria to Chase, British Columbia.
The Alpine Wonderland of Jasper National Park.
Exploring Jasper and the Columbia Icefield.
Icefields, Glaciers and Lakes to Banff National Park.
The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park.
Quest for Buffalo on the way to Glacier National Park.
Going-to-the-Sun and Glacier National Park.
Lake Coeur d'Alene and Spokane.
Wonderful Wines en route to Seattle.
The Soaring Sights of Seattle.